FED-STD-595C COLOR CHIP (INDIVIDUAL)
Precision color sample on 3x5 card, with protective envelope and Declaration of Conformity.
IMPORTANT: Please specify color number(s) from the drop-down list at the bottom of this page.
FED-STD-595C Color Chips are suitable for Quality Control and Inspection purposes, as well as precise color matching. Chips are directly traceable to the US Government's master color reference, and a Declaration of Conformity is provided with each chip. Change Notice 1 is incorporated.
1) Revision-C is the latest version of FED-STD-595 that is available, and it replaced Revision-B on 3/16/09. All 595B colors have been retained in 595C, and none changed in shade. 39 new colors were added.
2) Revision-B chips are obsolete and have been de-authorized for US Government applications. 595C chips MUST be used for QC Inspection purposes now, even if a specification references 595B.
3) The color samples in FED-STD-595C Fan Decks and Specification Document books are NOT approved by DOD for Quality Control Purposes. You may only use individual 595C Color Chips for Quality Control and precise color matching.
4) FED-SPECS' individual color chips fully incorporate Change Notice 1 -- all 650 colors are available and correctly identified.
5) Many companies facing a Quality Audit also purchase the full FED-STD-595C Specification Document, along with individual color chips. Frequently they are required to prove actual possession of the specifications with which they claim compliance.
6) 40 colors are not available at this time due to a 595C printing error, and these colors show "Back Ordered" as the Availability status below. Contact FED-SPECS for additional information.